Mole eggs is a popular desert in the Tenerife, it is an old dish, in which the preparation varies according the time and the country. The dish was created because of the constant appearance of egg yolks as a product of the use of egg whites in the whiting process of wines as in every wine-producing region.
- ½ kg sugar
- 20 egg yolks
- 1L water
- Lemon peel
1. Make tick syrup with water, sugar, cinnamon and lemon peel.
2. Once the preparation makes tick strands take it out the flame to cool for a while.
3. After that remove the cinnamon and lemon peel.
4. Beat the yolks and add them slowly to the syrup a spoon at a time, always stirring.
5. You can place the syrup into low flame again to make it tick, be careful and do not let it boil.
6. Serve the preparation in small bowls and let it cool before serve.