Conejo en Salmorejo is definitely one of the most important, delicious and typical Canary recipe. Is said that this recipe is originally from the Aragon region where it has achieved a greatest fame; many people choose to prepare it because it is a very easy recipe, you can accompany it with potatoes and with a great Tenerife’s wine.
- 1kg of Rabbit.
- 6 Cloves of Garlic.
- 1 / 2 teaspoon paprika.
- Olive Oil.
- White wine.
- Bay leaf.
1. Put the rabbit pieces in a recipient, season with salt to taste.
2. To prepare the salmorejo, put in a recipe a tablespoon of salt, garlic, paprika and pepper, grind the ingredients and add Olive oil and vinegar.
3. Season the meat with this sausage, after that add a cup of White wine, bay leaf, rosemary and the thyme, and finally let stand among 4 and 8 hours.
4. After, that time, fry the rabbit pieces.
5. Finally, once they are fried, heat the remaining salmorejoand pour it over the fried rabbit and serve with small boiled potatoes.
This Rabbit meat is almost cholesterol free and therefore heart patient friendly. Even though 37 percent of the calories in a serving of rabbit meat come from fat, very little of that fat -- 2 out of 6.8 grams -- comes from saturated fat, the type of fat often blamed for high cholesterol levels. With this information we can say that the rabbit is one of the top foods to improve your cholesterol numbers.