Conejo en Salmorejo is definitely one of the most important, delicious and typical Canary recipe. Is said that this recipe is originally from the Aragon region where it has achieved a greatest fame; many people choose to prepare it because it is a very easy recipe, you can accompany it with potatoes and with a great Tenerife’s wine.
- 1kg of Rabbit.
- 6 Cloves of Garlic.
- 1 / 2 teaspoon paprika.
- Olive Oil.
- White wine.
- Bay leaf.
1. Put the rabbit pieces in a recipient, season with salt to taste.
2. To prepare the salmorejo, put in a recipe a tablespoon of salt, garlic, paprika and pepper, grind the ingredients and add Olive oil and vinegar.
3. Season the meat with this sausage, after that add a cup of White wine, bay leaf, rosemary and the thyme, and finally let stand among 4 and 8 hours.
4. After, that time, fry the rabbit pieces.
5. Finally, once they are fried, heat the remaining salmorejoand pour it over the fried rabbit and serve with small boiled potatoes.