The Cazuela de Pescado is one of the most knownrecipes in the Canary Islands; this recipe is widely cooked specially in the south of Tenerife.
This grilled fish recipe uses olive oil and red pepper and Saffron to give it that subtle burst of flavor, while the croaker fish and pompano fish itself has a pleasing texture that pairs well with the grilling technique
The Cazuela de Pescado, unlike many people think, is easy to prepare, so you it is not necessary to be an expert, besides you can prepare it with any kind of fish. This section shows its preparation step by step.
- 1 kg of fish.
- 1 kg of potatoes.
- 1 onion.
- 2 tomatoes.
- 1 carrot.
- 1 handful of garlic.
- 1 red pepper.
- Bay leaf.
1. Chop the tomatoes into small pieces, peppers and onion into thin wheels.
2. Add this preparation into a bowl with salt and oil and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add crushed garlic, saffron, potatoes, chopped carrots and water, and boil for a few minutes.
4. Once the ingredients have boiled, add the fish and let cook for a few minutes.
5. When all ingredients are well stewed, turn off the heat and serve.