The ambitious and modern project of the Museo de la Naturaleza y el Hombre (Museum of Nature and Humankind) or MNH was shaped by the Canary Institute of Bio-Anthropology and two of the most important museums of Tenerife, the Museum of Natural Science and the Archeological Museum of Tenerife.
This magnificent museum exhibits the transcendental work of scientists of the 18th and 19th century like Darwin, Humboldt, Verneau, Lyell and Berthelot, that found on the Canary Islands privileged laboratories that helped the study of nature and humankind,as well as all the potential of contents, collections and knowledge gathered during decades of investigation and scientific work.
MNH visit information:
- Address Its located in the Old Civil Hospital (Antiguo Hospital Civil) in Fuente Morales St., 38003, Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- Phone number 922 535816
- Website: http://www.museosdetenerife.org/index.php?al_id_mus=1
- Getting there The museum is in the center of the city, a few minutes away (by foot) from the Plaza de Espa๑a and the Bus Central Station (Estacion Central de Guaguas). The closest parking spaces are in Plaza de Espa๑a, Nuestra Se๑ora de Africa St., and Ramon y Cajal St. The Stop Fundacion of the Tram Line 1 that connects the city of Santa Cruz with La Laguna, is very close as well.
- It opens: Daily from 9:00 to 19:00 hrs.
- It closes all Mondays and holidays
- Entrance Fees:
- Permanent exhibition: 3
- Students: 1.5
- Retired and elderly (older than 64 years old): 1.5
- Large families: 1.8
- Large groups (more than 8 people): 1.8
- Free entrance:
- All visitors of the Sundays Permanent Exhibition
- Canary Island Scholar Groups
- Children under 8
- Professors and accompanied guides in scheduled visits.
- Auto guide service : 3